Sunday, November 9, 2008

Celebrating 10 years as a couple

Today, Jean-Louis and I are celebrating 10 years as a couple.  We chose our vacation in Hawaii in July for this reason.  Hawaii is where we met and we've been inseparable since then.  Well, we did have a long distance relationship for about 3 years but since we got married we probably spent no more than one day apart.  Ok, so we weren't totally inseparable.

To mark the occasion, we decided to buy groceries and cook a special meal at home.  We had lobster (Hawaiian style), gai lan beef, fish in yogurt sauce, all served with brown rice and then chestnut cake.  Yummy and are we ever stuffed!!!  We slaved for a few hours this afternoon but we get to feast for several days :)

All the shopping, cooking, and walking after we ate just made me exhausted.  I was actually starting to fall asleep at the table while eating since I was so full and I didn't sleep well at all last night.  I'm so glad to be sitting at the computer right now!  My feet are so sore :(  That's the last big meal we will be cooking for ourselves until petit-boy arrives.

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails