Monday, October 12, 2009

1st Thanksgiving for Baby

I wanted to take a picture of Tristan holding the turkey drumstick but my day and night was too hectic so this post will have to settle for just a picture of my cooked turkey.

Tristan did eat turkey for the first time but I had to grind it with carrots and green beans. I'm not sure he liked it since like most dinners, he is quite difficult to feed. I made enough for a couple days of feeding so I guess we'll see. He did like the string beans when I fed it to him in whole form. He enjoyed biting into it bit by bit. Normally, he wouldn't like green beans that much. Babies are so strange that way.

Since it is Thanksgiving today, I had planned for us to give thanks to all the things we were grateful for at the dinner table tonight. Nope, it didn't happen. We got too caught up in trying to eat and feed Tristan and we were running late and I simply forgot all about it. I'll take this opportunity now to do it in this blog post. Here are all the things I am personally thankful for in my life right now (as it relates to motherhood):
  1. To have Jean-Louis and Tristan in my life of course. I am happy that Jean-Louis is here for us whenever we need him and he is a very hands on kind of father. I am happy that Tristan is doing so well. I wasn't sure we were going to make it this far but we have and there haven't been many mishaps along the way.
  2. I'm thankful for the roughly 7 hours of sleep I get every day now :)
  3. I can cook again, almost like how I used to so we can all eat better.
  4. It will be 11 months next week and I am still breastfeeding.
  5. I was able to use all my maternity and parental leave with paid EI benefits.
  6. I have a consulting job that is very flexible with me so I can work as much as I can.
  7. When I do work, I most often really like my job.
  8. I discovered iPhone app work and really enjoy it.
  9. Last but not least, I am thankful for technology and gadgets like the iPod, iPhone, Skype and even Twitter. These have given me an outside link and in a way, they make me feel a little bit less isolated from being home a lot with the baby.
My list can go on forever but I am actually super tired right now from having cooked up another storm in the kitchen today. In the past, I used to cook much more and was much less tired. Anyway, everything turned out good and we have food for the week and some for the distant future. Thank goodness for frozen food!

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails