Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year 2010! Happy New Decade.

2009 was a good year because all three of us are still here safe and healthy. Tristan is thriving and like Jean-Louis puts it, his comprehension of the world is exploding right now. It's so exciting to see!

2009 was a bad year because we lost two family members on Jean-Louis' side. However, we did gain one on his side as well. Also, I may still have great health but I did catch a cold many times this year, including during our anniversary, Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years Eve, and now my birthday. I'm tired of being sick as a stay-at-home mom. When Tristan starts daycare next week, I will only catch more sickness and that totally scares me. How can I possibly become sick more than I already do?

Today, is the first day of 2010 and therefore also my birthday. To mark the occasion, I made us a nice French meal and Jean-Louis bought me a chestnut cake. That is about as much as we celebrate these days. The nice thing is that in the past it used to be just the two of us and now it is the three of us. I love it :)

It's not just a new year, it's a new decade. One year seems to go by fairly quickly when you think about it but 10 years - now that's a long time! 10 years ago, I already met Jean-Louis. I was an undergraduate student working towards my degree in Physics and Astronomy. I said I would not become a stay-at-home wife and mom and that I was looking for stay-at-home man. Jean-Louis knew that but it turns out I am way better at being the stay-at-home parent :)

What we are looking forward to in 2010
  • Tristan finally talking
  • Having Tristan potty trained
  • Running and racing with Tristan in the jogging stroller
  • Our trip to France in the Spring to see family
  • Decorating for Christmas
Happy New Year!

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails