Saturday, January 1, 2011

My homemade birthday cupcakes

Today is my birthday so today, I made myself cupcakes. We invited my sister, brother-in-law, niece, and nephew over to enjoy the cupcakes with us in celebration of the new year as well. We did it in high-tea style with bite size sweet and savory food, tea, and coffee. They also brought over a rich chocolaty tuxedo cake for me :) It turned into a bit of a dessert buffet but it was all good!

Since it was the new year 2011, I dressed up and I also dressed Tristan up. Oh my goodness, it's 2011 now! Also, when I say "I dressed up," I really just mean I was wearing something new :) Hosting our first ever high tea also made me want to dress a bit better. It's a good thing I don't make cupcakes much because I think I ate enough to not want to eat more for a few months! If any of my new years resolution was to gain weight, I am off to a great start. Those cupcakes really do taste as good as they look though. I cut down on both the sugar in the cake and in the icing. Tristan even ate half of one. Are you drooling? ;)

Happy New Year 2011!!!

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails