Sunday, June 12, 2011

Vancouver dragon boat festival

We brought our toddler to see the dragon boat race today for the first time. If we had gone in any earlier year, it would have been overwhelming for him. He's 2 1/2 now and seems to deal fairly well with large crowds.

It was a nice day out so there were lots of people walking about. In fact both yesterday and today was nice so the festival really lucked out. Vancouver weather is unpredictable and it has been raining on and off for awhile now. Today really felt like summer.

I want to dragon boat race! Like many competitions I am a spectator of, I always feel the urge to join. In fact, I volunteered for the dragon boat event before and all the volunteers got to paddle in the boats when the event ended. I got a taste of it and it was super hard. Padding that fast was tiring and I remembered my arms died after about 30 seconds. I still want to join in though because it is so much fun! I saw seniors and even a pregnant lady competing today. Amazing. Inspiring. When Tristan gets older, we'll do it as a family and try to compete too!


0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails